The John Hare farm was located south of Fulton in the Tilden-New Salem community. Pictured in the cotton field are John Hare (left holding hoe), Preacher Moody (man with suspenders, probably Ed D. Moody listed in the 1910 Itawamba County Federal census in District 5, Fulton Precinct), R.C. Hare, son of John (little boy) and Belva Hare, wife of John. John Hare was the son of John W. (born 1829 in Wilcox County, Alabama, the son of Andrew and Dicy Tyler Hare) and Martha E. Wadkins Hare (born 1849 in Clarke County, Alabama, the daughter of Richard and Elizabeth Wilson Wadkins). Identification of subjects was written on the photograph.